Monday, January 13, 2014

Past Peach Dress Project

I found this dress thrifting a few months ago. This peach dress- use to be ankle length. It fits in the waist and shoulders and I thought this would be a simple dress to hem.

It was a little tricky- the fabric was really slippery. So I ironed on some type of binding tape- but that made it really sticky. I can't remember what I used... maybe it was  no sew hem tape- but that didn't stick very well, so I ended up putting a hem in with my sewing machine... and the sticky tape gummed up my needle.

It is fine- I haven't worn it yet. I see it more as a Spring dress, maybe paired up with a jean jacket. I can't wear it to work- so the hem is fine for just romping around.

No comments:

Post a Comment