Wednesday, September 8, 2010

floral belt

Okay-
I had this headband
and while I loved the idea
I did feel like- it wasn't age appropriate.

I felt like one of those babies with a big flower bow in her hair.


But I loved it so much
(I even bought a brown flower one too)

And while I loved it- I never had the nerve to wear it outside the house... much.. I might have worn it out once or twice.



So I thought I would cut off the flower- since it was just attached with hot glue and felt.













and make an accessory to add to a belt.



This dot felt piece is to keep the flower pedals together













This rectangle piece is to slide the belt through...























I wore this little accent today- while on my weekly date with my husband.
Teds Bakery (north shore)- is super yummy!
I love the idea-- I recognize this isn't a "homerun" look. I think making a belt with ribbon would take this project up a notch. (there wouldn't be a belt buckle to have to try and hide.)

 
No Sew-- just be careful with the hot glue gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment