Monday, March 3, 2014

Sewing Project: Reversable Bag

I have needed a new "scripture" bag for months... maybe a year. My cute bag I used in Hawaii- gave up, and broke down. :0( It didn't like the transition to Utah climate.

I found a really cute tote pattern at Joann.com. You can see it here and download the pattern!

I decided, after looking at the pattern, I might need to find a easier pattern. I wanted to use supplies I had on hand- and I don't have any batting required for the Zest Tote. (Although it is adorable!)

So I found a great bag, with a wonderful tutorial by Very Purple Person, she even provides a free pattern to download! (Click HERE)


Happily this pattern fits perfectly on the boot cut portion of my jeans I wanted to re-purpose into my new scripture bag.
 (Cute jeans- right? Sadly they don't fit.)


 
I followed the pattern.
I read and re-read the tutorial.
It was a great/fun project that took me about 6 hours from start to finish.
 
One side is sturdy denim

The other is made from extra curtain/couch pillow fabric- lol!
 
 
 
 
Sew so cute! I would highly recommend this project for a newbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment