Sunday, March 6, 2011

Power of Goals

You know how much I love the Personal Progress Program.
It is all about helping us become our BEST and reaching our full potential.

Goals are like that.

I was reading in Preach My Gospel: The Missionary Guide.
They have a section on "Using Your Time Wisely".

I thought I could learn something - about how to set goals.
It says, "Goals reflect the desires of our hearts and our vision of what we can accomplish.
Through goals and plans our hopes are transformed into ACTION."
Elder M Russell Ballard said in a talk for Young Adults 1981
"I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don't set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential.
When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, (s)he will then be able to make a great difference in the results (s)he attains in this life."
I think that would be SO TRAGIC!
 
To meet Heavenly Father- and have full remembrance of my life, and pre-exsistance and see
with clarity, the talents and abilities I was blessed with... born with
and realize... I could have, should have, done so much more
yet I didn't tap into my resources/talents/ abilities and develop them!
I was too pre-occupied with latest trends.
I was too self absorbed- worried what other people would think
whatever... it is that keeps me from doing those things I should.
Just plain procrastination.
I'll get to it-
later.
If you've gotten side tracked from Personal Progress... jump back in!
Set a goal to work on this month!
You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment